Vs > Dera Ismail Khan
Port Moresby vs Dera Ismail Khan Climate & Distance Between
Port Moresby vs Santis, Switzerland
Port Moresby vs Antananarivo, Madagascar
Port Moresby vs Kawambwa, Zambia
Port Moresby vs Eastman, Ga, Usa
Dera Ismail Khan vs Waiotapu Forest, New Zealand
Dera Ismail Khan vs Totara Flat, New Zealand
Dera Ismail Khan vs Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands
Dera Ismail Khan vs Siwa Oasis, Egypt
Lubny vs Pine River Dam, Mn
Guiria vs Goose, Nf
Imperatriz vs De Kooy
Kingston vs El Picacho Chinandega
- The distance between Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and Dera Ismail Khan, Pakistan is approximately 9,292 km or 5,774 mi.
- To reach Port Moresby in this distance one would set out from Dera Ismail Khan bearing 105.3° or ESE and follow the great circles arc to approach Port Moresby bearing 123.8° or SE .
- Port Moresby has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate with dry winters (Aw) whereas Dera Ismail Khan has a subtropical hot desert climate (BWh).
- Port Moresby is in or near the tropical dry forest biome whereas Dera Ismail Khan is in or near the subtropical desert scrub biome.
- The annual average temperature is 2.8 °C (5°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 20 °C (36°F) less in Port Moresby. The continentality subtype is extremely hyperoceanic as opposed to subcontinental.
- Total annual precipitation averages 881.2 mm (34.7 in) more which is equivalent to 881.2 l/m² (21.63 US gal/ft²) or 8,812,000 l/ha (942,061 US gal/ac) more. About 4 2/7 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 14.8° higher in Port Moresby than in Dera Ismail Khan.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Port Moresby relative to Dera Ismail Khan. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Dera Ismail Khan vs Port Moresby
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|| -4 (-7)
|| -8 (-15)
|| -7 (-12)
|| -6 (-11)
|| -3 (-6)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|| -49 (-2)
|| -21 (-1)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Port Moresby vs Fargo, North Dakota, Usa
Port Moresby vs Valentia, Ireland
Port Moresby vs Makokou, Gabon
Port Moresby vs Tambora, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Dera Ismail Khan vs Djelfa, Algeria
Dera Ismail Khan vs Weatherford, Tx, Usa
Dera Ismail Khan vs Wroclaw, Poland
Dera Ismail Khan vs Chuuk/ Truk, Micronesia
Angelica, Ny vs Auckland City
Nain, Newfoundland And Labrador vs Muskogee, Ok
Bintulu vs Athens
Kuala Terengganu vs La Serena-La Florida
Port Moresby vs Dera Ismail Khan Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Port Moresby
- Sentani/ Jayapura, Papua, Indonesia - 1066.2 kms (662.5 miles) NW
- Madang, Papua New Guinea - 494.2 kms (307.1 miles) NNW
- Merauke, Papua, Indonesia - 758.2 kms (471.2 miles) W
- Thursday Island Mo, Australia - 561.8 kms (349.1 miles) WSW
- Coen, Queensland, Australia - 665.9 kms (413.8 miles) SW
- Cairns, Australia - 842.5 kms (523.5 miles) S
- Normanton, Queensland, Australia - 1128.5 kms (701.2 miles) SW
- Townsville, Queensland, Australia - 1092.5 kms (678.9 miles) S
- Cloncurry, Queensland, Australia - 1441.4 kms (895.7 miles) SSW
- Mount Isa, Australia - 1499.8 kms (932 miles) SSW
- Hughenden, Queensland, Australia - 1309.5 kms (813.7 miles) SSW
Climate Guides for Locations near Dera Ismail Khan