Vs > Auckland, Otara
Port Moresby vs Auckland, Otara Climate & Distance Between
Port Moresby vs Zante/ Zakinthos, Greece
Port Moresby vs Ghazni, Afghanistan
Port Moresby vs Maroua, Cameroon
Port Moresby vs Tak, Thailand
Auckland, Otara vs Bariloche, Argentina
Auckland, Otara vs Hebron, Ne, Usa
Auckland, Otara vs Monte Cristi, Dominican Republic
Auckland, Otara vs Sunnyside, Wa, Usa
Fond Du Lac, Wi vs Sant’Angelo (Mount)
Griggsville, Il vs Meekatharra
Woodstock, Va vs Las Animas, Co
Ainazi vs Lee’s Summit, Mo
- The distance between Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and Auckland, Otara, New Zealand is approximately 4,119 km or 2,559 mi.
- To reach Port Moresby in this distance one would set out from Auckland, Otara bearing 310.8° or NW and follow the great circles arc to approach Port Moresby bearing 322.1° or NW .
- Port Moresby has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate with dry winters (Aw) whereas Auckland, Otara has a marine west coast climate (Cfb).
- Port Moresby is in or near the tropical dry forest biome whereas Auckland, Otara is in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 12.4 °C (22.3°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 7.4 °C (13.3°F) less in Port Moresby. The continentality subtype is extremely hyperoceanic as opposed to barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual precipitation averages 55.8 mm (2.2 in) less which is equivalent to 55.8 l/m² (1.37 US gal/ft²) or 558,000 l/ha (59,654 US gal/ac) less. About 1 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 20.5° higher in Port Moresby than in Auckland, Otara.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Port Moresby relative to Auckland, Otara. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Auckland, Otara vs Port Moresby
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|| -60 (-2)
|| -99 (-4)
|| -116 (-5)
|| -81 (-3)
|| -50 (-2)
|| -64 (-3)
|| -56 (-2)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Port Moresby vs Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Port Moresby vs Port Fitzroy, New Zealand
Port Moresby vs Sandvig, Bornholm, Denmark
Port Moresby vs Springfield, Il, Usa
Auckland, Otara vs Garoua, Cameroon
Auckland, Otara vs Hurguada, Egypt
Auckland, Otara vs Quintero, Chile
Auckland, Otara vs Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
Tarialan vs Windhoek
Morehead City, Nc vs Mokau, Mohakatino Stn
Walvis Bay/ Pelican Point vs Asheville, North Carolina
Reboly vs Hokonui Forest
Port Moresby vs Auckland, Otara Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Port Moresby
- Sentani/ Jayapura, Papua, Indonesia - 1066.2 kms (662.5 miles) NW
- Madang, Papua New Guinea - 494.2 kms (307.1 miles) NNW
- Merauke, Papua, Indonesia - 758.2 kms (471.2 miles) W
- Thursday Island Mo, Australia - 561.8 kms (349.1 miles) WSW
- Coen, Queensland, Australia - 665.9 kms (413.8 miles) SW
- Cairns, Australia - 842.5 kms (523.5 miles) S
- Normanton, Queensland, Australia - 1128.5 kms (701.2 miles) SW
- Townsville, Queensland, Australia - 1092.5 kms (678.9 miles) S
- Cloncurry, Queensland, Australia - 1441.4 kms (895.7 miles) SSW
- Mount Isa, Australia - 1499.8 kms (932 miles) SSW
- Hughenden, Queensland, Australia - 1309.5 kms (813.7 miles) SSW
Climate Guides for Locations near Auckland, Otara